I had wrote about the same issue before https://pengayau.wordpress.com/2009/11/15/allah-any-copyright-control-for-this-word/#more-30
Dear Bishops and Heads of Churches in Malaysia,
Re: “Allah” word cases before the KL High Courts – A call to prayer
Warmest Christian greetings to you in this Advent season as we herald the coming of our Lord and Saviour and celebrate Christmas.
May we request that a season of prayer and fasting be called for in your churches as two “Allah” word cases come before the High Courts in Kuala Lumpur this month. Please disseminate to your churches our request for prayer and fasting as we mobilise all Christians for a time of prayer.
The first hearing on 2 Dec (Wed) 2009 at 2.30pm is before Judge Datuk Alizatul Khair Osman Khairuddin at the Appellate and Special Powers Court 3, KL High Courts Complex, Level 3, Jalan Duta. Malaysian Jill Ireland binti Lawrence Bill is challenging the Home Affairs Minister’s order to confiscate her books which has the “Allah” word.
The second hearing on 14 Dec (Mon) 2009 hearing is before Judge Datuk Lau Bee Lan at the Appellate and Special Powers Court, KL High Courts Complex, Level 3, Jalan Duta. The hearing is likely to be held at 2.30pm. This is a challenge to the power of the Home Affairs Minister to stop the weekly Christian publication “Herald” from using the “Allah” word.
Please pray for the following that :
• The Lord God be sovereign over these hearings;
• The presiding judges be granted wisdom to uphold the provisions of the Federal Constitution;
• The lawyers before the judges may have wisdom, strength and courage to speak the truth in grace and love;
• May evil and its human agents not prevail by disrupting these proceedings;
• May the Lord God grant us His favour by allowing the word “Allah” to be used in the Alkitab, in all Christian publications, and audio-visual recordings in all media in both Bahasa Malaysia and Bahasa Indonesia.
Let us together pray for a good outcome so that all of us, especially our Orang Asli, Sabah and Sarawak brothers and sisters in Christ, may continue to use our Alkitab and all our Christian materials in Bahasa Malaysia and Bahasa Indonesia without fear or hindrance.
Seeking the following Declaration
For your information, in the 14 December hearing, the Archbishop of KL is seeking several declarations of the High Court namely :
1. the applicant has the constitutional right to use the word “Allah” in the Herald in the exercise of his right that other religions other than Islam may be practised in peace
2. Article 3 (1) of the Federal Constitution does not empower the respondents to prohibit the applicant from using the word “Allah” in the Herald
3. the applicant has the constitutional right to use the word “Allah” in the weekly in the exercise of his right to freedom of speech and expression
4. the applicant has the constitutional right to use the word “Allah” in the Herald in the exercise of his freedom of religion which includes the right to manage its own religious affairs
5. the applicant has the constitutional right to use the word “Allah” in the Herald in the exercise of his right in respect of education of the Catholic congregation in the Christian religion
6. the Printing Presses and Publications Act 1984 does not authorise the respondents to prohibit the applicant from using the word “Allah” in the Herald
7. that the word “Allah” is not exclusive to the religion of Islam
(as reported on 28 May 2009 in http://www.facebook.com/l/44725;www.malaysiakini.com/news/105343 )
May the joy of Christmas who is Jesus Christ truly abound in all our hearts this Advent season!
Together in His service,
Rt. Revd. Ng Moon Hing
Chairman and the CFM Executive Committee